Dinner time. It is either a joyous or a headache-inducing occasion. When there are little ones involved, preparing kid-friendly meals can seem like a huge undertaking. Some nights things are great and they can’t wait to clear their plates and other nights every bite is a struggle. And if you have a picky eater things can be even more difficult. Many times us parents repeat the same meals over and over just to ensure our kids eat something, anything. But no one wants to be that parent that serves chicken nuggets and french fries every night.
The way to combat the bland and repetitive dinner time meals is by having an arsenal of kid-friendly meals that are quick to prepare and more importantly, they are enjoyable for the whole family, adults included.
Here are a few quick and easy meals the whole family would love including my own Chicken and Veggie Oven Baked Meatballs!
Making your own meatballs from scratch might seem intimidating but they are actually a simple meal that can be cooked in under 30 mins and served a variety of ways. Turning leftovers into a brand new, second night meal is amazing!
Kid Friendly Chicken and Veggie Meatballs
- Baking Sheet
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 15 oz butternut squash diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbs coconut aminos or worcesteshire sauce
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375. Toss butternut squash in olive oil and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 min, turn and bake for an additional 5-10 min or until tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, egg, panko, coconut aminos, cooled butternut squash, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Spray cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray. Using a 1/4 dry measuring cup, scoop meatball mixture and roll between your hands to form a ball. Place on baking sheet allowing 1 inch space between each meatball.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, turning halfway through for crispy edges.
- Remove from oven and serve on sub rolls with cheese and tomato sauce or serve alone. Enjoy!
Healthy Mac and Cheese
An ode to our childhood. No need to buy the box version with My Kids Lick the Bowl’s Healthy Mac and Cheese!
Garlic Bread Pizza
I have yet to meet a child who does not LOVE pizza. This recipe from The Lazy Dish is equal parts effortless and delicious. This would, without a doubt, be a winning meal.
Homemade Chicken Taquitos
Chicken Taquitos are a fun finger food for kids of all ages. Check out how Momma Fit Lyndsey created kid-friendly and healthy chicken taquitos.
Green Bean Fries
What’s the best way to get your kids to eat veggies? Throw some breading on them and make them crispy! That’s exactly what The Lean Green Bean does for these mouthwatering green bean fries.
Dinner time can be hassle free and still be special despite the entire family being in close quarters the majority of the time. We all have enough on our plates to deal with when it comes to adjusting to remote learning and working from home. These kid friendly meals can make sure that what’s for dinner, isn’t one of them.
What are some of your favorite meals to cook when you’re low on time and energy?
Until next time,
Need more meals in a pinch?
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Recipe
- Ginger Pear Sangria
- 5 Kid-Friendly Meals that are Quick and Easy
- HAWAIIAN BREAD FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Onion Jam