Since I purchased my air fryer, I have been using it for a lot of the meals that I have been creating. It’s been super fun and easy coming up with new recipes to share with you all. Recently, I decided to tackle Fried Green Tomatoes. They are crispy, flavorful, and quick and easy to make! Fried Green Tomatoes is a refreshing meal, but what weighs me down is frying them in oil. It can be heavy and not make anyone feel good after the fact. Well, I decided to take out my handy-dandy air fryer and give this fried green tomato recipe a go!
How Do You Make The Air Fried Green Tomatoes?
The air fryer makes the green tomatoes crispy, and it leaves everyone eating wanting more! You won’t even miss frying them in oil. Of course, I had to make it into a sandwich with a sauce! The remoulade sauce that tops these delicious fried green tomatoes gives your mouth a huge kick! It’s creamy, but also a hit of flavor.
You might be thinking that this recipe is too intimidating or confusing for you to make. Girl, put that thought out of your head right now! We only want positive thoughts in this community. When I was creating this recipe, I made sure that this fried green tomato recipe is easy, delicious, and fun for every single person in your family!
Air Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with Remoulade Sauce
For the Fried Green Tomato
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 green tomatoes
For the Remoulade:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp dried parsley
For the Sandwich:
- Brioche Buns
- Red Onions
To make the fried green tomatoes:
- Pre-heat air fryer to 375.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornstarch and flour. Mix well. In a second bowl, beat eggs and milk together. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Slice tomatoes about ¼ inch thick.
- Dip tomatoes in flour mixture, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Make sure they are coated well.
- Place in air fryer in a single layer and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the Roumelade:
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Assemble your sandwiches:
- Lightly toast brioche bun on a hot griddle with butter or cooking spray. Assemble your sandwiches with your preferred toppings. I used two fried green tomatoes, lettuce, onions, avocado and topped it off with remoulade sauce.
Did you enjoy this recipe? I know everyone in my family did. Let me know in the comments down below if you made this recipe and what you think about it! I would love to know! If you decide to make this delicious meal, tag me on Instagram at @homeonpoplarcreek.