Banana Bread is one of the easiest and tastiest baked good recipes that anyone can learn. This super easy double chocolate chip banana bread recipe takes it from basic to chocolate-ty goodness!Jump to Recipe
It’s not often that I meet a baked good I don’t love. My love for sweet dessert-like breads started pretty early on and it was after getting married that I decided to start making my own.
My first dessert bread I tried was a super fudgy chocolate zuchini bread. Are you noticing a theme with me? It’s always going to be chocolate for me. Once I realized just how easy it was, I started trying different banana bread recipes until I began tweaking and creating my own.
What is Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread?
Most banana breads are flavored using mainly bananas and a hint of vanilla and/or cinnamon. Banana breads are also typically made using all purpose flour for a more dense bread like crumb. For this recipe, I use cake flour for a more tender cake like crumb. The result is a super moist and chocolate cake like texture!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Moist and tender and less dense then traditional banana bread!
- Easy to make!
- Explosion of chocolate for chocolate lovers!
What You Need to Make this Chocolate Banana Bread
- Overripe Bananas – the peel should be browned
- Cake Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Greek Yogurt
- Almond Milk
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Banana Bread
It’s super easy to whip up your own double chocolate chip banana bread! First, whisk dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl. In another bowl, mash ripe bananas and then add in remaining wet ingredients. Use an electric mixer to mix wet ingredients. You may have a few banana chunks which is totally ok. Gently fold in half of your dry ingredients into your wet mixture. Fold in the rest until combined. Do not overmix! Next, gently fold in your chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan or a pan filled with parchment paper. The last step is completely optional, but feel free to sprinkle on more chocolate chips across the top of your loaf.
Bake in the oven at 350 for 65-75 minutes.
- Use overripe bananas if you can. It increases the sweetness and flavor of the bananas.
- Don’t overmix your batter! It can cause the finished texture to be very dense.
- Add in walnuts or completely omit the chocolate chips. You can truly customize this to your taste!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Electric Mixer
- 2½ cup cake flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup melted butter cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 overripe bananas mashed
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for sprinkling on top optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Sit aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash bananas. You may have a few chunks but don't worry. Add in melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, greek yogurt and almond milk. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Gently fold in half of your dry ingredients into your wet mixture. Once combined, gently fold in remaining dry ingredients. Once well combined, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased or parchment paper lined loaf pan. Optional: sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake on middle rack for 60-65 minutes. Check for doneness using a toothpick or fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Don’t forget to catch up on my latest posts
- Is Social Media Killing Your Purpose?
- Easy Faux Pumpkin Succulent Centerpiece
- 10 Important Lessons I Learned as a Stay At Home Mompreneur
- Easy Weeknight Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
- 4 Ways to Overcome Fear and Self Doubt
Until next time,