Make this super quick and easy sheet pan chicken fajita recipe for your next weeknight meal!
I think I’ve said it numerous times here that I LOVE quick and easy meals. And the one thing I love more then quick and easy is Mexican inspired meals and flavors, like my Weeknight Shrimp Tacos. Recently, I’ve found myself making my easy sheet pan chicken fajita recipe quite a bit.
What I love most about sheet pan dinners is the limited amounts of cooking tools and utensils required. Throwing everything on one pan is a nice break and this meal doesn’t require a ton of prep work.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS?
This sheet pan fajita recipe only calls for a few ingredients, a sheet pan and a food processor. One thing I love about this recipe is the intense flavors of lime, cilantro and garlic that really come through.
I start by roasting my bell peppers, onions, limes and garlic cloves on high heat. Then I remove my veggies from the oven and blend together olive oil, fresh cilantro, my fajita seasonings and the roasted garlic and lime pulled right from the oven.
There’s something about roasted the lime that really makes the flavors pop. The roasted garlic also gives a nice flavor. Be careful on this step because the limes will be HOT! I always use my tongs to squeeze the juice out.
Once my marinade is all blended, I mix it with my chicken, coating it generously. For the sake of this quick recipe, there is no need to let the chicken sit with the marinade. Besides, the flavors are so intense that your chicken will for sure be infused with tons of flavor!
SHOULD YOU MIX RAW CHICKEN WITH YOUR VEGGIES?
Quite frankly, I have done it both ways, however, my preference is to cook the chicken on a smaller sheet pan. This will allow the chicken to roast in it’s juices causing it to be tender and juicy. When roasting the veggies and chicken together, your vegetables will absorb the flavors and spices giving them a nice flavor, however, the veggies lose a bit of their crispness when cooked in the juices.
So the question, should you mix your raw chicken with your veggies? Yes, it is entirely safe to do so as long as your chicken is fully cooked before eating.
CAN YOU MAKE SHEET PAN FAJITAS WITHOUT USING RAW CHICKEN?
If you’re running short on time, one of the easiest things you can do is use unseasoned rotisserie chicken. I have used this method many times before. Prepare your veggies and marinade as you would following the recipe, then toss your roasted chicken in the marinade. Pop it into the oven for 5 minutes to heat and voila! You have easy weeknight meal in half the time.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS?
We love to serve our sheet pan fajitas with sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, avocados and hot sauce for the adults. On the side we love black beans and Alexia Mexican Street Corn.
watch just how easy it is to make sheet pan chicken fajitas!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Food Processor
- Sheet Pan
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Small Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Small Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 5 Whole Garlic Cloves
- 2 Limes Sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1 pound chicken breast Cut in 1 inch cubes
- Olive Oil Extra Virgin for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice onion and bell peppers into strips. Slice limes and peel garlic cloves, leaving whole. Spread vegetables and limes on a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Turn to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven. Remove limes and garlic and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend olive oil, cilantro, fajita seasoning, roasted garlic and squeeze the juice from the limes into the food processor. Use tongs to squeeze limes being careful not to burn yourself. Blend until well blended.
- Pour marinade onto chicken and mix well until coated evenly. Spread chicken onto spreadsheet evenly. Return to oven with veggies and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes. Turn chicken and veggies halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite toppings and sides!
This post may be sponsored or contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Be sure to let me know down in the comments if you give it a try and share one of your favorite weeknight go-tos.
Until next time!