Crispy oven baked chicken wings tossed in a sticky sweet honey lime garlic sauce for a crowd pleasing meal! Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or as an appetizer at your next get together.
Chicken wings are one of my favorite go to easy meals during the week. They’re truly versatile and only take a few minutes to prepare. As you can imagine, the kids love anything sweet and sticky which is why these honey lime garlic chicken wings are a huge hit around here!
Key Ingredients for Honey Lime Garlic Chicken Wings
- Chicken wingettes – while you can use this recipe on chicken breast or chicken thighs, using chicken wingettes are great for a quick meal.
- Fresh Garlic – fresh garlic is always best, especially when combined with butter…. drool…
- Unsalted Butter – butter helps create richness in the sauce.
- Honey – honey is the base to this amazing sauce. Make sure you use a quality honey for this recipe.
- Fresh Lime Juice – fresh is always best!
- Cilantro – I’ll say it one more time. Fresh is always best!
How to Get Crispy Oven Baked Wings
I get it. Oven baked wings can be tricky. I love a good crispy flat (no drumsticks for this girl) but sometimes getting crispy skin in the oven can be difficult. Here are a few things you can do to get crispy skin on your wings:
- Remove as much moisture as possible from your wings. You can squeeze the water out using a paper towel. When you think you’ve squeezed enough, keep squeezing!
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of baking powder or cornstarch on your wings before baking. Don’t worry, we season really well over here so you won’t taste the baking powder/cornstarch at all.
- Use a baking rack on your baking sheet if you can. If not, go with parchment paper. Skin tends to stick on foil even when using a nonstick cooking spray.
- Space out chicken wings at least 1 inch apart. Crowding them on your baking sheet will cause them to steam. Too much = soggy chicken. No one wants soggy chicken.
- Bake on high temps.
looking for more easy weeknight meals?
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Kid-Friendly Chicken Meatballs
- Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon
- Air Fryer Cod Nuggets
- Easy Weeknight Shrimp Tacos
Honey Garlic Lime Chicken Wings
- 1-1½ lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp baking powder or cornstarch
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup honey
- juice from one lime
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking rack.
- Rinse and remove excess water from chicken by blotting with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl, toss to coat chicken with salt, pepper, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Line chicken on baking sheet, skin side down. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, flip and then return to oven. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- While wings are baking, make your sauce but melting butter in a saucepan on low medium heat. Add garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant. Add honey and lime juice. Stir or whisk until combined. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When chicken wings are done, remove from oven and coat with sauce. If you like your sauce baked on, return to the oven for 2-3 minutes at 450°.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on wings and serve!
Are you loving these easy weeknight meals? Make sure to leave a comment, save and share this post!
Until next time,