Oven roasted parmesan broccoli has quickly become my new favorite way to cook this delicious side dish. Getting anyone (including my kids and husband) to be excited over broccoli is definitely a challenge! What kid is really ever willingly to eat broccoli. This amazing dish will change you and the rest of your family views. By roasting your broccoli and putting parmesan cheese on it, you will eliminate any crazy cravings you may have! There is something amazing that happens when you bake broccoli at a high temperature: everything gets super crispy! The insides remain tender and delicious!
If you think about it, this savory dish goes with a variety of main dishes: burgers, chicken, and salmon.
How Do You Make Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli?
There are a few tips that will make your broccoli super crispy. So your broccoli does not stick to your pan, use parchment paper! This will be an easy clean-up at the end of a crazy night. I hate messes, but the parchment paper will be a Godsend. (You’ll thank me later for this tip.) The last tip I have for you is that you will want to spread all of the broccoli out evenly. If you crowd the broccoli together, it will not roast properly and you will be sad and disappointed. Trust me! The “crunch” is what everyone desires when they bite into this dish. The parmesan cheese is what makes this side dish from boring to WOW. And the best part? It’s easy, delicious, and there won’t be any leftovers.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Broccoli
- 4-5 pounds broccoli florets
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tbsp roasted sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, dill weed, parsley flakes, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place broccoli and almonds in a large bowl, and toss with dressing, coating evenly.
- Spread broccoli on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Be careful not to crowd broccoli. Use two baking sheets if needed.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, flipping about halfway.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper if desired
Amazing right? Yes! By the time you are done eating this dish, you will want to roast up some of your favorite oven roasted parmesan broccoli every week (or day)! Let me know in the comments or on my Instagram @homeonplarcreek what dish you decide to pair this with!
Check out more of my recipes:
- Air Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with Remoulade Sauce
- Air Fryer Cod Nuggets with Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Easy Weeknight Shrimp Tacos